The Geological Society of Maine is a non-profit organization dedicated to geological issues and education in Maine. The Society’s membership includes teachers, students, working geologists, aspiring geologists, retired geologists and other interested persons.
(1) To further the public awareness and understanding of the geology of the State of Maine, and of the modern geologic processes which affect the Maine landscape and the human environment;
(2) To develop and encourage continuing social contact and dialogue among geologists working in Maine;
(3) To advance the professional improvement of its members;
(4) To inform members and other interested persons of current and planned geologic programs in Maine; and
(5) To provide a financial base to publish and distribute a periodic Newsletter, to cover matters of technical and general interest, and to announce future society meetings.