The Geological Society of Maine is a non-profit organization dedicated to geological issues and education in Maine. The Society’s membership includes teachers, students, working geologists, aspiring geologists, retired geologists and other interested persons.
- To further the public awareness and understanding of the geology of the State of Maine, and of the modern geologic processes which affect the Maine landscape and the human environment;
- To develop and encourage continuing social contact and dialogue among geologists working in Maine;
- To advance the professional improvement of its members;
- To inform members and other interested persons of current and planned geologic programs in Maine; and
- To provide a financial base to publish and distribute a periodic Newsletter, to cover matters of technical and general interest, and to announce future society meetings.